About Driftwood Fellowship
Driftwood Fellowship is a non-denominational fellowship established in the fall of 2016 in Enid, OK, with a vision to redeem, empower and serve, it is the endeavor of Driftwood Fellowship to be God-centered, like-minded and others focused.
The name, Driftwood Fellowship, was derived from prayer in regards to the many, from varying backgrounds and locations, making up the congregation. It’s significance is also encompassed in the dictionary definition calling it a nuisance littering the seashore. Until an artist or craftsman comes along and gathers the driftwood, it has no purpose or value. Then, as it is repurposed it gains limitless value and is coveted as art, furniture, housing, etc.
We believe we are the extension of Christ on the earth in the form of His body. As such, we are fostering an atmosphere of Praise, Worship, and adherence to God’s Word—The Bible, in every meeting.
We are excited about what God wants to do in these end times and we believe He is preparing the church—The Bride of Christ—for the greatest moment in history, His return.
We are applying the truth of the Word of God that is applicable in all seasons and circumstances as we walk with Him through the experiences of this temporary place, called Earth. We look forward to meeting Him face to face when, with a trumpet blast, we are called to be united with the Lord in the air! What a blessing His soon return is!
Thank you for being a significant part of Driftwood Fellowship! Thank you for being a faithful follower of Christ!
Statement of Faith
- We believe that the Bible is God’s Word. It is accurate, authoritative and applicable to our everyday lives.
- We believe in one eternal God who is the Creator of all things. He exists in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. He is totally loving and completely holy.
- We believe that sin has separated each of us from God and His purpose for our lives.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ as both God and man is the only One who can reconcile us to God. He lived a sinless and exemplary life, died on the cross in our place, and rose again to prove His victory and empower us for life.
- We believe that in order to receive forgiveness and the ‘new birth’ we must repent of our sins, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and submit to His will for our lives.
- We believe that in order to live the holy and fruitful lives that God intends for us, we need to be baptized in water and be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit enables us to use spiritual gifts, including speaking in tongues.
- We believe in the power and significance of the Church and the necessity of believers to meet regularly together for fellowship, prayer and the ‘breaking of bread’.
- We believe that God has individually equipped us so that we can successfully achieve His purpose for our lives which is to worship God, fulfill our role in the Church and serve the community in which we live.
- We believe that God wants to heal and transform us so that we can live healthy and blessed lives in order to help others more effectively.
- We believe that our eternal destination of either Heaven or hell is determined by our response to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is coming back again as He promised.